1979 Starcraft w/windshield

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked up a '79 Starcraft last summer and am getting ready for the tare down and was hoping someone else has gone through this before. The best way to remove the original windshield, and is it possible to get a new one or a modern version with a center walkway. I have picked up a new steering system, and remote control for the motor. I have a room full of parts and a garage to work in, if some one has first hand knowledge please chime in...I can really use the guidance.
My first task is to take before pictures, then start the deconstruction.
The motor that came with the craft is a 1986 Suzuki 30hp, it is actually in pretty good shape-starts right up and has both forward and reverse that work. I plan on replacing the pump/impeller and fixing the electric starter.
I hope someone has some wonderful news on the does and don't s for the rebuild... Looking forward to any help given.

Thanks

Chuck

Your windshield should be bolted. Remove the nuts from the underside, you might have to cut them off if they won't screw off. You should be able to find another windshield that will fit. What is wrong with the one you have? The frame on mine was a little rough so I just cleaned it up, primed and painted. Looks good.

Good Luck with your project.

Latest posts