Closed Cell Foam

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smljaw

Reaction score
I've been working on a Tracker Topper 1436 for the past several months. I took her out for the first time the other day and all felt good, no leaks, etc... Now I'm kicking around some different thoughts on how to prep and finish the floor. I'm seriously thinking about putting some closed cell foam in to help with floatation and to deaden sound. Any thoughts, suggestions or opinions out there?

Thanks!

I used two part pour foam it works well. Heres a link to the product

https://www.uscomposites.com/foam.html

Attachments

• Slide81.JPG
    Slide81.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 463
Foam only adds flotation if the boat capsizes or fills up with water.

When sitting normally in the water, the hull of the boat is the only thing that gives buoyancy.

MrSimon said:
Foam only adds flotation if the boat capsizes or fills up with water.

When sitting normally in the water, the hull of the boat is the only thing that gives buoyancy.

You are correct the foam does not change the displacement of the haul. Foam is added for safety.

I wanted to make sure that everyone knew that his boat wouldnt float higher with foam added to it. You would NOT believe the people who think it will. My buddy is a boat mechanic and swears that it will. :roll:

gotmuddy said:
I wanted to make sure that everyone knew that his boat wouldnt float higher with foam added to it. You would NOT believe the people who think it will. My buddy is a boat mechanic and swears that it will. :roll:

Thats funny. If you really think about it, the added weight of the foam, although small, would actually make the boat run LOWER in the water.

MrSimon said:
gotmuddy said:

Thats funny. If you really think about it, the added weight of the foam, although small, would actually make the boat run LOWER in the water.

I tried to explain to him how it works for about 5 minutes then I gave up.

gotmuddy said:
MrSimon said:
gotmuddy said:

I tried to explain to him how it works for about 5 minutes then I gave up.
:lol:

Latest posts