Boat covers!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pweisbrod

Reaction score
I am picking up a brand new MV almuacraft 1648 NCS next week, along with a brand new motor!

Long story short I'm looking for a cover that will protect well, especially against snow *but* it has to trailer well, because come fall I will be towing it all over the place with a folding duck blind with grass on it, which i will have to cover up so it doesn't get beaten by highway speed winds.

suggestions from the pros on tinboats beats searching reviews on big box sites, which i am currently doing anyway. :mrgreen:

Thanks all

IF....you can afford it, you can't beat a custom cover made from Sunbrella material or something similar. I've been told many times that to get all the features you mention in your OP (trailering, hold snow, last) you need to buy a good one. The ones you can buy at BP or Cabella's just won't last, or hold up as long. I've gone the custom route and don't regret it at all. The one on my tin snaps on and is still in amazing condition even being 10+ years old. I also bought one for my glass boat last fall and it's just beginning it's life.

If you weren't interested in trailering it...then I'd say you could go with a home made frame (several topics on this on TB) and a blue tarp or something similar.

Remember....you get what you pay for.

Just my .02 cents worth.

Unfortunately too true. Is there a company that makes "custom" covers for a 1648 MV? I think the protection I will want for winter months vs just wanting to keep crap (blind) in my boat IN my boat for fall hunting, I might have to end up getting two covers. The frame and tarp for winter, and the lighter easier-to-remove-and-put-on one for fall.

So many things, so little money... :roll:

Call your local boat shops. They will be able to offer you names of companies that make custom covers. A custom cover will be made to fit YOUR boat. Not specific boat sizes. You can also do a web search for boat covers in your area. I also found several on Craigs list that I was able to check out.

see if you can get one made of Stamoid.Its lighter than Sunbrella,but more durable.I work in a canvas shop here in South Jersey and we use it allmost exclusively when doing covers or enclosures.

Latest posts