Swivl-Eze 7"x7" Square Pin seat base in alumacraft v16 seats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dino

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the site but have been reading posts for some time.
I now have a question that someone might have some insight on. I would like install Swivl-Eze 7"x7" Square Pin seat bases in the existing bench seats of my 2011 Alumacraft v16. I was thinking that I would make a plate that I would use to run the mounting bolt through on the back of the seat; this would of course require removing some of the flotation. Does anyone have any Ideas or any other way to mount then? Is the aluminum thick enough to just used pop rivets or screws?
I'll take any help offered, I know this isn't a big modification project but I have cuda clamps right now and I'm not very pleased with them.

Thanks

Dino

Welcome to the site Dino.

Are you going to be using pedestals with your seats, or will the seats be at bench level once intalled?

I used an aluminum plate to help strengthen the base for my pedestal seat - used SS bolts to mount as well

I think you are gonna need to stiffen the mounting area with wood or metal

I think the question posed about pedestals or bench level seats is the key to your question. I did not use any reinforcement for my Swivl-eze bases, but I don't use pedestals. I haven't seen any flexing at all on mine. I attached the bases to the bench tops with #12 stainless sheet metal screws. The aluminum sheet on mine is reasonably thick, probably .060+. If yours is thin, you may like a little reinforcement even with bench level seating.

Attachments

• BoatPainted 016.jpg
    BoatPainted 016.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,016
No was going to go with bench level seats. I also got hold of Alumacraft
and they told me the seats are .050 inch thick.
Thanks for all the responses and the pictures!

Latest posts