Finally built the flat floor today - pics!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesM56alum

Reaction score
Farmington, minnesota "Orginally Pensacola, F
Alrighty finally all the planets aligned and i got time to work on the boat and actually got a buddy of mine to help, " Neighbor who's a carpenter that owes me labor " :mrgreen: So we got the floor built and it's on it's 2nd coat of Sparr right now an i will do the final coat tomorrow once it's dried im going to paint it a light grey with some grit for anti slip and the bottom of the inside of the boat is going to be black.

Keep in mind none of the floor is bolted in ACCEPT! the very front piece is going to be bolted to the front step just for extra support but i didnt have to drill any exterior holes, i only used the existing holes from the ore mounts that im not going to use any more, they are going to surve two purposes, one is going to keep the middle floor aligned and keep it flush on all 4 corners, and two im going to be mounting my rod holders to them :D awesome i know!

Before you ask ALL the cross member supports for the floor are bevled ? " i think thats spelled right " to support all the weight evenly with out actually having to anchor them to the boat it self " No pun intended " Onto the pic's

Be gentle guys shes a work in progress!

100_0206.jpg

100_0207.jpg

100_0208.jpg

100_0209.jpg

100_0210.jpg

Real nice looking carpentry job.

If you ever do another one you should consider framing it out of aluminum instead. Lots stronger, lighter, and it won't rot.
Metal framing isn't that hard once you get the hang of it and the tools aren't that expensive.

Yea i know lol the metal woulda been alot stronger BUT the wood only cost me about 3.50 because i had a $25.00 gift card to home depot and also i want the heavier weight to even out the boat, im 200+ lbs now an the wife barely weighs anything an she sits in the front of the boat, it's got me the motor an the tank in the rear an the boat **** near stands on it's rear end, so im going to be putting two marine batt's in the middle right behind the front seat im going to cut access doors in the floor for two battery boxes, the braces for the floor are 12 inches apart just for that reason.

Looking good James, I have finally finished my transom....I might actually get to spray my boat this weekend.....then I can flip her and start my aluminum framing......patience grasshopper is getting old. :x

Doing a good job, man,

Don't sweat using wood. I know folks that use metal love it and I understand why, but wood will do you just fine. It's worked for boat building for thousands of years. :)

JamesM56alum said:
Thanks guys, im sealin the piss outta it i can asure you lol

Seal the rain and lake water out of it too while you're at it.

Still not sure why you'd pee on such a great boat. :roll: :mrgreen:

fender66 said:
Still not sure why you'd pee on such a great boat. :roll: :mrgreen:

No one else pee's on their boat? accidentally spillage on the gunnel's :oops:

Looking very good!! I'm waiting on my solar alignment to get some work done myself. I didn't spot a beer in the background. You feeling okay? Still looking forward to seeing this boat in person someday. Ideas on paint scheme?

lol hey i'v peed OFF my boat before when no one was looking, the entire time the boat was rocking back n forth cause the wife wouldnt stop moving around, that my friend took skill not to dribble on my self!

As far as the beer man that day was strickly screw drivers! good ol skyvodka an orange juice we we're feelin good not to mention the fumes from the sealer gave me a nice buzz lol but dontcha worry i'v got a garage fridge full of coor's light, ice cold silver bullet baby!

The paint is going to be gunmetal metalic from the mid up to the gunrails and the same inside, the bottom is going to say black outside an same inside. motor is going to be the same paint sceme also.

I just havent decided if i wanna go black carpet on the floor or silver/grey antislip coating on it what do u guys think ?

James, nice work.
BTW, we're neighbors. I live in the Lakeville area. You have to share the honey holes come Spring. I'm still learning the lakes in MN.

Latest posts