Homemade "basket" for bilge storage...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vahunter

Reaction score
I just moved one of my two batteries from bow to stern yesterday to adjust the weight a little. I've been thinking of a way to neatly secure the battery box back there since I can't drill thru the hull. I was going to screw the box to the backside of the rear bench but I'm not sure I want to keep it the permanently. So, I had a thought and wanted some opinions because I haven't seen it done.

The plan is to use perforated aluminum and bend the edges to basically create a basket and screw it to the bench and transom. It work be raised an inch or two from the hull and I would set the battery box on it and screw it down thru the perforations. Could store more things on it too. Ill probably stiffen it up with angle depending on the strength of the sheet because aluminum can bend easy. It would solve a few problems and may give others ideas. It would allow me to mount it 'level', keep it out of the water in the bilge, allow drainage, I could easily bungee or fasten more stuff to it. What do yall think?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330694271.319161.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330694271.319161.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 449
Will do...not sure when ill do it. Between time and money. I have a youngan on the way (first child-boy) due April 1st but he's a hoss and is ready any day now. I'm trying to do as much fishing as I can before his arrival so the fish dont think I'm ignoring them this year. Will definitely post pics and im still accepting opinions and ideas :) thanks!

Latest posts