Deep V Identification (Now With Pictures and Measurments)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFlanagan

Reaction score
Quick question Guys, This boat doesn't have any information on it! Would anyone happen to know from the Pictures what it may be.

Attachments

• Boat.jpg
    Boat.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 772
  • Boat1.jpg
    Boat1.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 772
Five feet at the gunwales?

Get your floor measurement for the accurate measurement. That will let you know what it would be classified as - ie a 1448

Yes Five Feet at the Gunwales. The Guy wants 350 for the Boat, No trailer, No Motor. Lives over an Hr away and doesn't know much of anything, So I'm kind of stuck with just the pictures... How do you take a Proper floor measurement!

You can run the HIN on various sites and find out what kind of boat it is.

Those aren't very good pics to tell much about the boat, and the best way to find out is to go and look for yourself.

You also need to make sure he has the title, bill of sale, or registration for the boat.

I am going to check it out.... Got him down too 250 so ill make the Drive!

Looks like a decent boat at the price, from what we can tell in the pics..I would probably risk the trip to check it out too.

If you can find a trailer, and if you can find a motor, and if he has the title...then it may be worth it. ;)

BOATS UNDER 14' - DOCUMENTS REQUIRED:

1. Bill of Sale (name and address of seller).
2. Proof of payment of sales tax (ST-6, ST-6E, or Bill of Sale). Note: To pay your sales tax online, visit the Department of Revenue website at https://wfb.dor.state.ma.us/WebFile/WSI/Public/WebForms/ST6/RecreationTaxDefault.aspx
3. Pencil tracing of hull ID number (serial number). see note below
4. Required fees - (See fee schedule below)
5. Properly completed and signed application.

The boat is Technically 13' 7" So I shouldnt need a title here in MA.

Ok So I took the leap for 250 and sold my 1236 Delcraft Semi V for 200, But kept my Tee Nee Trailer which the new boat sits nicely on as well as my 9.5 HP Johnson

OK so... The New Boat I'm going to say its a 1448 Shallow V or Deep V. Though I still cant find any information on my to correctly measure the Bottom of the Boat. Still no info on the make or Model, I will say this boat is very well made and noticed somethings that may help figure it out.

On the inside of the boat there are not 1 but 3 "Supports" to the Transom. I didn't know if this was unique to a specific make.

Anyways I know Ive been asking a lot of questions without contributing too much, I hope through this site ill gain the knowledge to be able to but for now Please bare with.

Pictures, A formal introduction and a **** ton more questions to Come in the AM...

Josh

I don't actually think you measure the floor on a v boat because it is rounded, not flat on the bottom and cornered where it meets the upright like a jon boat. Measure the length and the widest part at the gunwale for a v boat, transom width and height is real important too when getting a motor. That boat looks nice for $250

Yea, I'd also call that a semi v. Since it appears to be a bare hull sitting level on open ground, it's definitely not a deep v. Looks like a nice boat though.

Looks like a ModV to me too because the bottom is near flat at the rear. You can measure the floor near the back for comparison with a flat bottom. It's basically what would be in the water. Here's a different way to think of it. If you were to put a flat floor in it, how wide would the floor be at the widest point in order to get above the bottom braces? In yours, I'm guessing it's 42"-48". At any rate, it's a lot more boat than your 1236, and you got a good deal on it. Congrats!

Yeah...take a pic of the bottom of the boat for us, but I thought it looked flat as well.

That would make it a semi-v...not a deep V or a 'mod-v' which is an entirely different duck...(is convo has been had many times)

So here are some Quick Pictures and Measurements.....

Center Measurement is :
13'7" (Only manufacturer I found at that length was Starcraft)?
Gunwale Length is : 14' 3 "
Gunwale to Gunwale is : 60"
Transom width is : 50"
Transom Height low point : 16" and High point 18"
Just above the Ribs: 54"

OK so I hope all this helps on the Make and Model?

Shallow V??????

Attachments

• Rear Side.JPG
    Rear Side.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 495
  • Side.JPG
    Side.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 495
  • Bow.JPG
    Bow.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 495
  • Back Transom.JPG
    Back Transom.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 495
  • Tansom.JPG
    Tansom.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 495
  • Full Rear.JPG
    Full Rear.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 495
  • Middle.JPG
    Middle.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 495
  • Flow Bow.JPG
    Flow Bow.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 495
That's a tank! The supports go higher up the sides than on my Lund S16 and the transition from V to flat is much more gradual.
IMG_9216_small.JPG
If you did a flat floor you'd probably want to notch out for the braces where they turn up rather than try to go high enough to cover them. The 3 transom braces look stock, but not the upper transom. Maybe it was redone at some point. A board on the inside and outside of the skin with no metal cap looks different than anything stock I've seen in the build threads. The rub rail is nice.

Thanks benjineer,

Yea it is a Tank...Im going to take the Wood off the Transom to see if they just went over the tag.
The boat is real Heavy and id like bring it back original as far as paint and decals that is why the make and Model is so important to me! The capacities would be nice as well.

I just hope someone recognizes it

I think I found the Boat in The Project Forum... What do you guys think

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9177

Pretty close. Maybe a different year. Maybe yours is newer since it has the rubber rub rail instead of wood. Looks like he has 2 transom braces that are rounded. You have 3 that are square bent. I bet your transom was originally like that but cut down to better suit the short shaft outboard.

Latest posts