Identification Help?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasquatch

Reaction score
So I bought this boat last summer, and the process of identifying it has not gone well.

The previous owner told me it was a 1978 Sea Nymph Deep-Wide 14' boat. However as far as my internet searches go that doesn't exist. Further, I don't see how it can be a Deep-V as the angle of the hull at transom is nearly horizontal.

When I went to license the boat, they looked and looked for a HIN before finally assigning me one when they failed. However, the floorboards were all rotten as the previous owner apparently had [apparently] never heard of covering his boat. So I removed about 300lbs of soggy, rotten plywood and carpet. When I did so I found that on the lower starboard transom there was a stamp that says "4R2 1023".

I'll attach a few pics here and see if anyone can tell me what it is for sure. If you need another angle, just ask!

I've also done some work on her, and I'll post that as well in the proper section.

Thanks in advance!

OK. Let's try this again.

Note the rotton floorboards in the background in the second picture and the random metal tubes that were under them.

Also, in case you're wondering: the hose/water are because I was flooding the boat to clean up the floor. It was covered in little bits of soggy wood and leaves. I let the drainspout work and then used a shopvac on that.

Attachments

• P1060286resize.jpg
    P1060286resize.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 196
  • P1060289.gif
    P1060289.gif
    103.4 KB · Views: 196