Identifying my boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynimiller

Reaction score
Okay so the pops and I finally got the boat moved to his house to get wheels off and begin cleaning the thing out. (gonna be starting a project thread here soon!)

My quesiton is how do I figure out exactly what model we got? We know it's a Starcraft, 14ft from bow to stern, and over 50 inches wide (wasn't sure exactly where to measure. The plate on the Transom was so worn we couldn't read the serial or make out much of anything as far as capacity or motor size. Kinda at a loss as to what it is...Title doesn't specify and all we got is the VIN/HIN number but that isn't helping.

I attached a few pics...no clue whether they're of any help to anyone. Any thoughts on what I can do to figure out exactly what we got?

Attachments

• 0303121325.jpg
    0303121325.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 248
  • 0303121326.jpg
    0303121326.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 248
  • 0303121326a.jpg
    0303121326a.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 248
If you take a few key measurements, you can get a rough idea of what the boat is. Since you know the maker, click here: https://www.fiberglassics.com/library/Starcraft and you'll the classic library for Starcraft. Take some measurements, such as beam width, Transom width, depth amidship... combine that with some photo's of boats that look similar, and you should be able to get a real good idea of what you have, if not the exact model.

Good Luck!

Bigkat650 said:
If you take a few key measurements, you can get a rough idea of what the boat is. Since you know the maker, click here: https://www.fiberglassics.com/library/Starcraft and you'll the classic library for Starcraft. Take some measurements, such as beam width, Transom width, depth amidship... combine that with some photo's of boats that look similar, and you should be able to get a real good idea of what you have, if not the exact model.

Good Luck!

Awesome have to give that a try! Knew I'd get an answer quick here!

Okay great link but it stops in the 60's and according to my title it is a 1973...just that though. No model number or anything....I may contact the Starcraft maker in Topeka, IN (less than an hour from me by chance) and inquire about how to find out.

Latest posts