I need to stop looking at Craigslist

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crabtree

Reaction score
I'm pretty sick about seeing this since I just paid almost 3 times this much for a new boat. Deals like this always pop up at the worst times. https://swv.craigslist.org/boa/2883546210.html

crabtree said:
I'm pretty sick about seeing this since I just paid almost 3 times this much for a new boat. Deals like this always pop up at the worst times. https://swv.craigslist.org/boa/2883546210.html

Craigslist makes it affordable for anyone to own a boat... Before I started using CL, I thought I could never find a simple fishing boat with a motor and trailer for under $1000 regardless of age or condition. Now, I find them all the time for less then $500.

I tried staying away and couldnt. I bought my new to me 1448 weekend before last for $500. All aluminum deck, freshly redone trailer.

I'm always looking too. I'm not finished with the one i'm working on and convinced my wife that i needed another one i found in Deleware for $500. It's a glass hull which is going to the land fill. I talked the seller down to $450 minus the bimini. I got a trailer with no title, bow mount trolling motor, hummingbird fish finder, 85 hp force outboard and everything else that was attached to the boat.

Some of this is going into my build and the rest is going back on Craigslist. I believe I can make my money back on whats left?

Enjoy that new boat.

I really don't look at it daily.. My problem is I'll go with out for a couple weeks and then when I've got some down time I'll browse.. repeat a couple days later. Then I'll find something that I can't live with out. Buy it. Then have to flip my current to be able to keep things afloat. There is sooo much stuff!

C-List is a pain to deal with buyers though. All I can say is "Craigslist TireKicker's". ehh. Bad taste in my mouth already. I called about a 1448 once and the guy hung up on me.. Called back and he said I asked too many questions. Just wanted to know if it was registered in his name, lol. Guessing not!.

You can do OK on Craigslist, you just have to do cash only and local pickup. Lots of scams on there so you have to be careful.

sixgun86 said:
I really don't look at it daily.. My problem is I'll go with out for a couple weeks and then when I've got some down time I'll browse.. repeat a couple days later. Then I'll find something that I can't live with out. Buy it. Then have to flip my current to be able to keep things afloat. There is sooo much stuff!

C-List is a pain to deal with buyers though. All I can say is "Craigslist TireKicker's". ehh. Bad taste in my mouth already. I called about a 1448 once and the guy hung up on me.. Called back and he said I asked too many questions. Just wanted to know if it was registered in his name, lol. Guessing not!.

That's the problem with Craigslist, you have to deal with all the a holes of the area.

I just got a thing in the mail about renewing the registration on my 1432, that I sold years ago. Apparently the little sh!t head didn't want to pay taxes on it, so he never transferred the title.

He's lucky I don't just report it stolen, I know most people would.

I am going to turn him in though.

I have had good luck buying on craigslist, the only real problem I have is people selling stuff who dont know anything about it. I called about a welder and they knew almost nothing about it.

I don't check CL much at the moment, but when I was looking for a boat that fit my budget, I was checking it maybe 5-10 times a day. I finally found and bought an old, slightly beat-up 1432 flat bottom for $115 and have turned it into a nice looking fishing boat.

I check it 5 days a week. Before I bought my boat this summer (closer to fall), I watched the area. It was usually the same boats posted over and over, and the same guys posting. I had 2 people flake out on me when I asked about title, bill of sale, or registration numbers - lucky for me. The next week my 14'V was posted with trailer (non working lights and bad tires), 15hp Evinrude, and a 25# thrust trolling motor all came home with me for $800. Throw in $50 for new tires and $30 for a light kit, and I was on the water. The only painful thing about the whole deal was it's pre-1972, and it had a serial versus a HIN. I had to get it checked out by the state.

I check CL about 3 to 4 times a day. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but there are NEVER any deals that are like "OMG WOW I GOTTA GO RIGHT NOW AND BUY THAT". Ever.

:oops:

I jumped on mine about 20 minutes after it was posted, and I went out that night and paid in cash. I've seen 2 other boats in the last 8 months that I would have pulled the trigger on as long as they checked out after seeing them in person. Keep watching Zeedogg. I was also looking at other cities and other states. You will see the same junk listed repeatedly, but every once in a while one will show up.

I can't stop looking! I had a 14' aluminum game fisher with 7.5 Sears Ted Williams that fixed up really nice to go fishing. One night I was looking on Craigs List and saw this 14' 1983 Rhyan-Craft for $700.00.I went out bought and sold the Game Fisher 10 minutes after I posted on Craigs List. My Rhyan-Craft is finished now runs & Looks great, but I can't stop looking!!

Find all kinds of deals on craigslist. Bought camper , three wheeler , boat .... Wife says i need to stay off craigslist... Just cant do it. :D

Latest posts