Boat tarp braces?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Two Tracks

Reaction score
I'd search for it but I don't know what they are called. I am looking for some kind of brace to lift the tarp up on the boat cover so that rain will run off and the tarp fit better. Some kind of pole or slat the would bow up. :?:

I've seen similar things to what you are describing on here that were home made. They used some pvc and a few T connectors to build a frame that basically bowed up in the middle to make the high center on the tarp.

That's what I did was use PVC pipe and T's https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=23985 works well for rain Don't know how it will hold snow load, it may need some upright bracing.

Heres mine, It works great

Attachments

• IMG_2940.JPG
    IMG_2940.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 790
  • IMG_2941.JPG
    IMG_2941.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 790
  • IMG_2944.JPG
    IMG_2944.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 790
While I don't have a photo, I just use 2 heavy duty plastic saw horses I got from Lowes years back. Boat is a center console (19') and I put on horse on the front deck and a second on the rear deck. Works like a charm.

I glued mine to me it wasn't as stable when it wasn't glued. I don't think I would want to tow my boat with the cover on, at least not with the braces in anyway.

I think if I was going to build another one I would use these I think they would sit on the gunwell
025528761738xl.jpg
Then use some 45 degree elbows and pvc pipe to form the arches.

I take my cover off and leave it at the house when I go fishing.

Yes I did glue them together; I also added rubber stoppers to the ends were the braces come in contact with the boat. They help protect the paint and grip the boat better.

As far as towing with the trap on I am not sure how it would hold up. I guess it would depend on the speed and distance your traveling.

Attachments

• Cover Close-Up 2.JPG
    Cover Close-Up 2.JPG
    8.6 KB · Views: 736
  • Cover Close-Up.JPG
    Cover Close-Up.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 736