Boat cover

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golden ghost

Reaction score
I need a cover for my Lowe 1648. I have seen covers that cost $60-80 however these covers have straps that go under the boat. These would work for storing and towing. But I’m going to rent a slip so these would not work for me.
I need one that fits tight with a system that straps around the boat horizontally. I’ve seen a few sites online and it looks like the going rate is about $200, ouch. Anyone have any input as to what type, material, where to order or pricing? Thanks

I expect there is a significant difference in quality between and $60-80 cover and a $200 cover. You may want to look for a local (or semi-local) custom top and canvas shop. They can make you a cover that fits your boat perfectly (trolling motor, console, outboard, etc.) and will last for many years in a covered slip. They can sew a strap around the bottom that you tighten to secure it and also straps to hook to the bow eye, around the motor, and anything else that would help keep the cover in place during high winds.

Just my 2 cents...

sf

Haven't visited in awhile and came here looking for the same advice. I trailer my boat and have been using a poly tarp to cover it in all seasons. Last one I bought online was thin and cheep. I want a waterproof, 10 by 20 footer. Cant find that size local. I wont pay for a custom than I wont use trailering, since I usually fish local. Can anyone suggest a source for a good WATERPROOF poly tarp? Thanks.

Latest posts