Need to quiet down 14' flat bottom hull!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fmjshooter

Reaction score
Evening all, been searching the forums thinking of ways to quiet down the front of my 14' Alumacraft flat bottom. I bass fish a lot on windy lakes and the constant bang of water crashing into the hull (when anchored) is starting to annoy me a bit as well as spook skittish fish. Nothing worse than pulling into your honey hole and seeing mud trails of all the fish you spooked!

I'm thinking of something fairly light weight as the boat is about heavy enough do to other accessories and what not.

Been toying with the idea of wood decking but the weight is kind of turning me off. One idea is to coat the inside of the boat with bed liner then maybe add some type of foam board/sound deadening material topped with carpet.

Any material advice and or new ideas would be greatly appreciated!

I already have carpet and am looking for excuse to use it.

Got a bun in the wifes oven so I'm also on a tight budget. :shock:

Congrats on the impending "bun"!

You may want to think about using something as simple as some anti-fatigue mats cut to fit, or the tile type with the dovetails on the edges that they sell at Lowes, Home Depot, etc.. I was thinking of using horse stall mats from Tractor Supply Company, but they are heavy, and you specified light as possible. The stall mats are 3/4" and heavy enough to stay in place without glue or fasteners and are grooved on the bottom with a diamond tread pattern on the top. 4 x 6 footers are only $38.

Latest posts