14 ft mirrocraft modification

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MT-HOOK

Reaction score
What is the best method to frame out and secure the framing to my boat? I want to remove the 3 bench seats and put in a floor. I will be doing other modifications as time permits, like a live well and a front deck w/ storage for batteries and anchors. The framing for the floor is my biggest concern and securing it to the hull. I have been browsing the forum and I am sure this is in here somewhere. This is a very cool site and I hope to share my project with you all.

Well the seats structurally support the sides of the boat and the keel in some boats so you have to take that into account with what you are planning to do. There are lots of guys on here that have done mirror crafts so I would search around in here and look at some of the mods they have done. And welcome to tinboats :)

We like to see pics also :)

:WELCOME: MT-hook, Your right this site is awesome.....your brain is going to hurt the longer you search. I am in the process of completely re-doing my 14 Mirrorcraft. The framing that I plan on using is readily available at home depot or lowes....look at their pool enclosure framing or just find some scrap aluminum. There are all kinds of way to secure your deck and or storage. I suggest looking at fool4fish1226's mod....he did a killer job on his 16 mirrorcraft. I will use angle aluminum for the side supports and 1/2 plywood for the deck. If you have any questions just ask, everyone will be glad to help ya.....there is plenty of killer mods to look at too, just search what your looking for. Good luck cant wait to see what you do.

bigwave out

MT welcome (Thanks Bigwave for the comment) Like stated before start looking at the other mods on here and ask as many questions as you need too, somebody will have an answer.

Thanks Guys,
I guess my main concern in with the securing of the frame to the hull. I will search out some of the builds and rack my brain around that. I will post before and after pics and a few of my progress. I am also in search of a 20/22ft walk around with an outboard. I am from Pa and could travel to pick it up within reason. late 80's early 90's that doesn't need much work. One boat project is enough right now! Thanks