Picked up some paint today an also scored on a batt!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesM56alum

Reaction score
Farmington, minnesota "Orginally Pensacola, F
Hehe i love my wife so much, so yesterday we went shopping which we're doing a little bit too much since we're supposed to be saving for our move, it is what it is as of right now we have enough to move just not enough to put down on a house an i refuse to mis out on fishing season this year so if we spend money on the boat it's fine an dandy according to the wife, she simply said "I want the boat done an ready for fishing season, do whatever it takes" =P~ i love it when she talks dirty....

So went an stopped by ACE since there is one right beside my house " Yes i know i hate ace but i forgot the paint an they were close " So i had the guy mix me up a QT of flat grey paint and i also picked up some stainless steel bolts an some anti slip additive for the paint which i'm doing today.

And onto the final score of yesterday, i got a free marine battery from my job at Napa. Some dumb *** customer brought in a battery he bought last year, he said it wasn't working i told him he needed to charge it. He said he did an he wanted a new one well he bitched an complained so much the owner told him he would prorate another battery for half price but he wasn't getting one for free, the guy whined a little then agreed. I put the battery on the charger for 2 hours tested it an it tested 100%...

Guess how much i got the battery for ?....... FREE! owner said take it he couldn't resell it because it was out of date anyways it's one of the largest marine batteries we offer, new it goes for 195 + tax ill be posting pictures later today

Here's pic's as promised

100_0258.jpg

100_0225-1.jpg

100_0224-1.jpg

100_0262.jpg

100_0226.jpg

100_0256.jpg

100_0257.jpg

Hey James that little spray handle works very good....been spaying my primer with it for the last two nites...works like a champ. Good score on the goodies. :p

Yeah I worked at home depot while I was doing home renos and it definitely paid off.

One of them - I got a Milwaukee three piece set that was like $350 with two of the larger lithium ion batteries for $60.

- We were clearing out the floor model and I made a deal with the manager. Asked him how much we needed to get out of the set and I asked if I could sell one piece (it was a four piece) for part of it and I would at the rest. He agreed and I knew a customer that had been looking for just the circular saw piece so I gave him a call and sold him the circ saw piece for like $120 or something...

lol yup yup that handle is awesome an cheap as hell cost me like 1.50 for it but it makes the job so much easier. Tomorrow im going to go pick up some more stainless bolts to finish off the transom, it sucks they'er like 1.70 ea for the bolts an i need like 8 or 10 more, not to mention .75 a nut an .75 a washer

Yah stainless is pricey. What size are you using though? You should be able to get them with at least two in a pack at Home Depot for .98...

Also if you have a marine west, they have them in bulk and sometimes are cheaper.

JamesM56alum said:
Tomorrow im going to go pick up some more stainless bolts to finish off the transom, it sucks they'er like 1.70 ea for the bolts an i need like 8 or 10 more, not to mention .75 a nut an .75 a washer
Yea it sucks bad. :lol: I just finished with my transom. Between reinstalling the knee brace and transom, I used 21 bolts, 21 nuts, and 44 washers. I bet I've got close to $80 after taxes invested in stainless, and I bought from 3 different places and their prices were all about the same.

Yeah I would say on my whole build so far I have probably $50-60 in stainless.

I did get some from marine west that they only charged me 1/3 of what I should have paid - that was nice of them. Said the bolts were on them this time.

Is was likely inking, well dang..let me pick up the rest I am going to need for later! LoL

Hey James you think I could borrow your wife for a few days to teach my future wife how to understand the importance of my build......he he :D

That is awesome she told you to have this done by fishing season......gotta love that.

bigwave said:
Hey James you think I could borrow your wife for a few days to teach my future wife how to understand the importance of my build......he he :D

That is awesome she told you to have this done by fishing season......gotta love that.

We getting into wife swapping now? What?!? ;) I know some of you guys got some lookers, so I may just be down. Haha.

Mine is cool like that too, though...she is not a fan of me spending the money but she really wants to get out camping and fishing here soo I am good to go for the next couple weeks. (within reason)

lol trust me the wife wasn't always that open to spending money on "toys" untill we bought the boat then she fell inlove with fishing from the boat, she already loved fishing but only from shore now she hates shore fishing and so do i!

As far as the anti slip stuff it's iffy cause i can scrape off the sand crap off with my finger nail but it does say it takes 2 to 3 coats for it to really work, we will find out next week cause it's 8 hours per coat " I HATE WAITING! " if it doesnt work then i'll just pick up some deck tape for skateboards an glue some strips down an call it good..

i'm getting antsy i wanna go fishing..

Latest posts