Sandblaster

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigwave

Reaction score
Has anyone used one of these: https://www.harborfreight.com/portable-abrasive-blaster-kit-37025.html

My buddy is going to let me have this....he could not get it working. I would like any input on how to use it. I have a 200psi compressor.....are there any tricks to this thing that he may have overlooked. I am going to try it on my trailer. Thanks for any advise.

Kevin

I've been looking at that as well. It seems like a really neat tool for hardly any money.

I did a bunch of reading and watching YouTube videos of guys using this and similar products .... in the end, it looks like these things work, but they are really slow. Seem to be good for small pieces or sections of the boat, but I wouldn't want to do an entire boat or trailer with one.

For $30 though, its sooooo worth a shot.

My dad used to have one just a little bigger than that. He was able to get it to work, but it was slow. He hung tarps under his deck so he could control (somewhat) where the sand flew. This way he could also recover most of it to reuse.

Give us a report on how it works after you spend some time with it.

High flow air fittings, a good compressor and good media

It's not going to have enough balls to clear heavy rust and will be slow going ( small blast area ) but for free I'd jump on it

Thanks for the replies, Hey lagerhead what is good media....glass,playsand,heavy sand, some of that stuff looks expensive.My buddy said the walnut shells sucked....anyways It is something to play around with...he is bringing me his hvlp gun too....no more spay can after primer....woooo hooo....although I have the spay can down now....lol

We use walnut shells but its a big blaster. Need a suit, it'll beat you to death

My buddy with one similar as yours said glass works best in his

Id try some dry sand first since you have plenty of it for free then glass if it ain't cutting enough

Latest posts