Roll on or pour in sealer for inside boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesM56alum

Reaction score
Farmington, minnesota "Orginally Pensacola, F
K you guys know of any sealer i can roll on or pour in the bottom of the inside of my boat before i put the bedliner stuff in ? i honestly don't want to have to go over every seam an rivet with 5200, call me lazy but i'd rather spend my time fishing lol with no leaks :p the boat is about 75% done and i plan on doing a'lot more tomorrow after work soooo if you guys could tell me what i need to buy or suggest how to seal it properly with out having to go over every rivet that'd be freaking sweet!

Gluvit?

I don't find 5200 too bad to work with myself, but I understand where you are coming from.

I think the only inexpensive option is to just do the 5200. If you don't want to go over every one why not do a water test and see what, if any, rivets need it?

Yea i considered gluvit but the only thing is i REALLY don't want to pay that much for it knowing i wont use the whole gallon an i hate ordering stuff like that offline, i like buying my liquid chemicals locally cause iv had bad experiences buying that kinda stuff offline, an there's no westmarine around here all the marinas use 5200 or bedliner here. Iv never tried but can you paint over 5200 ?

Yep. I am not sure how the bedliner will feel over it, but regular paint goes over it fine.

Latest posts