want storage & deck not sure where to start

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ansmith

Reaction score
I got this 04 PolarKraft about a month ago. Took her out on the first trip yesterday and now I want to add a couple of things, but not sure where to start.

I'd really like some storage to help clear up the mess, and definitely a marine stereo of sorts with a couple of small speakers.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Attachments

• 04 boat 3.jpg
    04 boat 3.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 2,183
more pics of the same boat---not sure how to add more than one pic at a time.......

Here's some more considerations of mine.

Wants...
Better front decking
better wiring
fish finder

I'm not very good with the wiring issues though.

Attachments

• 04 boat.jpg
    04 boat.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 2,172
nice boat. i dont think a stereo and speakers in a jon would do any good. just my opinion. but im gonna do the same as wat u r doing. the front decking. Wat r its Dimensions?

it's a Polar Kraft 04'.

It's 16ft. and I wanna say 41/2 to 5ft wide.

Stereo and speakers are goofy on a jon boat---I know, but I'd like to put my satellite radio on there for ball games etc... and tunes while I'm fishin is a must with me and my buddies (we're not the best of anglers, but we have fun).

Attachments

• 04 boat2.jpg
    04 boat2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 2,166
ansmith said:
it's a Polar Kraft 04'.

It's 16ft. and I wanna say 41/2 to 5ft wide.

Stereo and speakers are goofy on a jon boat---I know, but I'd like to put my satellite radio on there for ball games etc... and tunes while I'm fishin is a must with me and my buddies (we're not the best of anglers, but we have fun).

lucky! u got satellite radio. lol

:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining!

To add more than 1 picture, add the first one, then click add attachment. Then add another one like you did the first one...and then hit add attachment. Keep doing that to keep on adding more pics. If you need more help PM me and I can walk you through it.

Nice boat you have there!

im gonna mount mt stereo in a cooler that ill cut up too hold it ps can you show some details of your trolling motor mount i kinda like that

I would not recommend mounting a stereo and speakers on any boat - I have had those on several boats and even the high end marine units will crap out after a year or two. (I use my boats in teh salt so that does not help :eek: )

Get a cheapo boom box and hook your satellite radio to that - then you can take the radio off the boat with you or skip it during possible bad weather. Get a unit that accepts a 12 volt adapter (car lighter type) and hook a female end to your boat battery.

You can get the adapter to hook to the boat at West Marnie or Radio Shack

I've been thinking about the stereo thing.......I've got a feeling it will crap out after a little while.

I think a cheapo boom box might be best after all.

I'll work on getting picks of the trolling motor mount. It is really convenient.

Thanks to all...

FYI, caught this hog on Easter out of a retention pond. It's hard to take a picture with your crappy cell phone and a floppy fish

Attachments

• Hog3.jpg
    Hog3.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 2,078

Latest posts