Hobbs Aluminum Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spotco2

Reaction score
My dad's neighbor has this old 12' boat and wanted to find out some history about it. He's in his 50's and it was his grandfathers. I've never seen one made like this before.

915831e0.jpg

cc1e80ba.jpg

410b443e.jpg

a7b60d85.jpg

ea1ad219.jpg

That's an old girl right there, i have no comment on the history but i would consider putting the piece with the mfg plate on craigslist or ebay an see if you get some hit's off of it, ALOT of people collect old boating pieces iv got a paddle from 56 that has the orginal copper or brass tips on it thats weathered pretty good im considering droppin by one of the marinas an see if they want it

915831e0.jpg

That would be a cool restored boat. Looks like the wood rail around the top would make it really pretty... Use oak and stain/seal it nice...sweet..

Sorry never seen one like that either. Hope he fixes it all up since it was his grandfathers.

On that old of a boat, I wonder if Grand Pappy used Bitumen to seal up those leaky rivets I see :beer: .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asphalt :wink:

The apparent age of the, and given the type of wood, solid not plywood has me thinking it one of the first uses of aluminum for the construction of fishing boats.. pre or post WWII :shock:

No, he is going to sell it.

I thought about buying it and restoring it but have nowhere to keep it. It would be cool though with some nice wood back around the top and new seats.

I'd never seen a true FLAT bottom like it before.

spotco2 said:
No, he is going to sell it.

I thought about buying it and restoring it but have nowhere to keep it. It would be cool though with some nice wood back around the top and new seats.

I'd never seen a true FLAT bottom like it before.

That would be a nice resto, how much does he want for it? I don't live that far from ya'll.

Latest posts