cabelas rope lighting

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-MAN

Reaction score
has anyone used these? i was thinking of puting 2 strips on each side of my boat and running them to 1 switch to turn on and off. Also how to you connect these to your boat? Thanks in advanced
https://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=700434&WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=GoogleBaseUSA&WT.z_mc_id1=700434&rid=40&mr:trackingCode=A404DE51-F5D2-DF11-82EF-001B21631C34&mr:referralID=NA#cImage=s7_016310_999_01

I haven't used them, but plan to. My understanding they are held by small plastic clips. In the alternate picture, on Cabelas sites, you can see one holding them.

Does anybody know if the clips have to be riveted or screwed in or do they have tape or what

T-MAN said:
Does anybody know if the clips have to be riveted or screwed in or do they have tape or what

Length: 6-ft.
Includes: Screw-in mounting clips.

Hmmm maybe next time i should read more lol. Thanks gramps50

T-MAN said:
Hmmm maybe next time i should read more lol. Thanks gramps50

No problem sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees and just need a nudge in the right direction. Those do look cool I'm thinkg about grabing a set and sticking it in my storage area.

I am wanting to mount them to the underside of the rail of my tracke 1542 but i dont want to have to screw/ rivet it to the outside of the hull.. any other suggestions on how to fasten with out drilling or screwing to the hull

You may want to try something like this.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof-Blue-SMD-3528-3-LED-Flexible-Light-strip-led-lamp-12V-x2-/180838094764?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1aca57ac#ht_2880wt_922

I have a strip that has 300 led's on them and stuck them onto the awning roller on my RV. Those suckers are bright and if you clean the surface good, they really stick. There are many styles and colors to choose from. I have a set of led lights like the ones you showed in your picture, but they aren't very bright. The lower brightness may be better for your night vision though. I'm going to put a band of those 300 led's on the outside of my Tracker when I get the play funds together.

You might want to try looking for those adheasive clips for 1/2" loom tubing. Myself, won't trust the adheasive and will be riveting or screwing to the underside of the rail.

"charlie two tracks" those would work great on my boat thanks for the post and help

"fuzzygrub" i dont think i could ever screw or rivet anything to the outer shell of my boat lol

FuzzyGrub said:
You might want to try looking for those adheasive clips for 1/2" loom tubing. Myself, won't trust the adheasive and will be riveting or screwing to the underside of the rail.

+1

I think self tapping screws under the rail would be my first choice as no one is going to see them there. I'm not real trusting in the durability of any like of sticky type adhehive in the maring environment, especially when it starts getting warm. Rivets would probably work also, but wouldn't be my first choice because they could be hard to drill out if you needed to replace the light string.

The place where im talking about mountung them is virtually impossible to screw or rivet because i would be drilling from the inside to the outside of the boat so you would hit your hand on them if you were on the outside..

im planning on mounting them right under the rail on the inside of the boat

Attachments

• 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 869
the screws would not be going into the rail they would be going on the flat part under the rail.

The glue on the led's that I have will take being wet for a very long time. All winter it is damp where they are at on the roller of the awning. The rain and snow get in there and it still holds. My boat decals are glued on and so is my boat sticker. Those suckers take a hair dryer to get off. It all depends on how good a glue is. In the end though, it is dealers choice. IMO

Thanks "charlie two tracks" i found som other lights on ebay that a couple of members have used i think im going to go with these. it dosnt say how they hold on but i would say adhesive.. what do yall think
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160497086578&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I ordered a strip a couple of years ago and sent them back. They are BRIGHT and my gunnels looked like the one in that pict on page one. If you can 'hide' them where the light isnt in your eyes then go for it. Or order ed oned if available.

I wish I had gone this route! I bought individual LED strips that were only about 10" each and it was a real pain in the butt to run +/- leads to each one. One long strip would have been so much easier to install.

thanks everyone i have heard that those were extreemly bright also

Latest posts