AlumaCraft Queen of the water..Saved from Scrap...What year?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toasty

Reaction score
Greetings Tinners!!

This seems to be a great site for all boats alum. I have an interesting story:

Last week, while entering a scrap yard, I was interested, in what looked like a boats hull underneath a tractor trailer body (pics below)
After brief inspection The Queen of the Waterways seemed to have been brought to the yard simply to be run through the shredder for alum scrap, ending her waterway adventures. I saved her. The Queen, though on her death bed, and almost meeting her maker was saved and will ride again. We used the grapple to remove the trailer and to my amazement, the hull appears solid without many dents, no obvious cracks or tears. What was even more fun was involving my father, as he and I are having a lot of fun in Queenies acquisition and deliverance from her near demise.

how about year? I am interested in learning the exact vintage of our Queen? the number on the stern stringer reads 11022E
Any help on year would be greatly appreciated!

Enjoy the photos. More to come as dad and I gingerly restore our lady in green...

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 2,699
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 2,697
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 2,697
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 2,697
Thank you James!

Any ideas on where to get older Aluma decals and older AlumaCraft Items?

Thanks Again
Chrisian

I would have guessed that boat to be much larger than 12' by the pics. But according to the info I've been able to find, the Model E was produced from 1954 through 1962. According to these specs, it doesn't look like they changed any of the dimensions in the 9 years it was made. https://www.fiberglassics.com/library/Aluma_craft

Thank you for all the kind words and encouragement.

With jamesm56s' help and a call back from AlumaCraft. I was able to determine that Our gal, Queenie is indeed a 57 and 14' long.

The family really enjoys outboard (antique) motor and boating events, so will incorporate her in to those lake and fresh water events. I plan to strap on my 1957 5.5 johnson. below is the photo.

Needing your thoughts though. I am wanting to really shine her up with 800 grit then a total buff like an old war plane, with maybe some nose art like a p-51 mustang (?) with the large teeth. We have done the shine up with success to another hull. Dad says "keep her as she is" almost like a rat rod. I like both ideas. WOuld like to hear the board members thoughts!

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 2,493
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 2,493
That 5 1/2 jonny looks like new. I think it would do that little mill justice if the boat was restored to original. My $.02.

Thanks, found it at a sale, had spark in the bottom cyl only. (from my notes on the paper on the handle, yellow bag hanging). Cleaned the points with sand paper and adjusted to .020. Now have great spark on both top and bottom, and great compresson. Notes also say the recoil skips so may need to check into that..

To be completely honest with you SINCE it has the original sticker's and model number on it i would keep it vintage and leave it just as it is to an extent, fix what needs to be fixed IE holes an possible transom issues but other than that man i'd leave her as is an find an older trailer with the smoothie rim's like mine.

Here's a pic of my 56 model F right after i brought it home, it looks nothing like that right now it's completely stripped down and upside down on the trailer getting a paint job and a new floor right now. Should be done with it in a couple weeks, if you need any help or idea's i'll give you as much help as i possibly can, the model E and model F are basicly the same thing, if i remember correctly the model F has a higher weight rating that's all.

100_0065-1.jpg

Well that would explain the fact that it looked larger than a 12'. :lol: I guess the link I found has some bad info posted on it if the model E comes in something other than 12'. https://www.fiberglassics.com/library/Aluma_craft

I would totally not do an old warplane look to her. That seems almost sacrilege...do a clean restore job on her and she will be beautiful with that motor on back,

Well, I'll buck the trend and say its your boat; do it up the way you want.

If that means you want it all aluminum, go for it. If it means you want nose art, go for it.

Personally, I'm not a real fan of the shark mouth nose art on a tinny but again; it's not my boat.

A nice clean restore or an original paint boat might be better received at your vintage outboard events though....

Latest posts