Guide-on and live well question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhioStateBuckeye

Reaction score
So I am trying to make guide ons for my yacht club trailer. Question is, do I just drill a hole in the fender area and bolt down the stabilizers I'm using for the base?

Second question on live wells in general: if I am going to drill a hole that is dedicated to use to fill the livewell, do I drill directly below the livewell on the boat? Also will a PVC open/close valve be sufficient if I decide I don't want to use the live well?

Attachments

• 2012-03-10_20-08-18_925.jpg
    2012-03-10_20-08-18_925.jpg
    494.7 KB · Views: 426
Whether it's current, wind, or what ever reason, a guide-on can and most likely will take some pretty good hits sooner or later when loading your boat on the trailer. For that reason I wouldn't want one attached to anything but the frame. If you mount it on the fender, you will most likely end up with some distorted fenders.

JMichael said:
Whether it's current, wind, or what ever reason, a guide-on can and most likely will take some pretty good hits sooner or later when loading your boat on the trailer. For that reason I wouldn't want one attached to anything but the frame. If you mount it on the fender, you will most likely end up with some distorted fenders.

I totally agree with you on that. I just built some guide ons for my trailer out of 1 inch square stock. Welded it to the trailer frame with a full piece running under the trailer to connect the two side posts. I was out fishing on a river with a strong springtime current, winds that were gusting to 25 mph, and was nice and lined up until a big gust of wind directed me dead center on the front of my tri hull into the guide post. Bent over quite a ways before it snapped off...lol.

Latest posts