Bigfoot wiring - removable plug?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbarba11

Reaction score
I am trying to wire in a bigfoot switch with a removable plug and I'm going crazy. I want to be able to turn on and off a transom mount trolling motor from the bow but still be able to remove the motor for storage. Has anyone installed a removable plug between the switch and the trolling motor? I have read a few posts but haven't seen anything on here about this.

My plan was to splice one of the wires coming from the bigfoot into the negative lead from the trolling motor. Then the other wire coming from the bigfoot goes directly to the negative terminal on the battery. The positive lead on the trolling motor would go directly to the positive terminal on the battery. Where and how would a plug be placed into this wiring?

Thanks for you all your help!

Get a Standard trolling motor plug and connect both leads of female plug to the bigfoot. then connect the neg from TM to one wire of male plug and the neg from battery to the other wire on the male plug. Mount it wherever is convenient.

put the male end of the plug on the trolling motor (+) and (-) cables
Female plug (boat side) gets the (+) cable from the battery, the other wire is the (-) cable from the battery with the bigfoot wired in-line

That's what I originally thought but I started to second guess myself. Thanks for your help.

Latest posts