14ft Sear Gamefisher questions?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proyotehunter

Reaction score
Can I upgrade the rear seat to have another storage area on my 1963 Sears Gamefisher or will it throw the weight ratio off?

What type of wood should I use to replace the seats?

Should I replace the wood on the transom since it looks old?

If it leaks are repairs easy since it is aluminum?

Seat - more than likely you can, but what are you going to put in it? If it's just tackle/supplies it wouldn't throw the weight off much. If it's another battery you may need to balance it out.

Wood - depends on how long you want it to last, but don't use pressure treated stuff anywhere near the aluminum. Exterior grade plywood treated with spar urethane (3 coats) would be fine.

Transom - if it's just old I wouldn't pull it out. If it has any rot or soft spots - I would replace it.

Leaks - Rivets can be replaced or bucked if necessary. Paint is not a good solution for a leak. For non rivet leaks read the threads on 3M 5200 and Steel Flex.

Negative on that one, but it took me an extra couple of days to realize I had a typo when I registered :)

This is the before pic. It had whote nasty plywood seats that were warped and cracked.
IMG_1254.jpg

This is the work in progress of what my buddy and I have done to her over the rainy weekend. we coated all the wood with Spar urethane as requested and replaced all the wood except the inside piece of the transom. Also all hardware is now matching which it was all different before.
IMG_1262.jpg

Your boat looks an awful lot like mine which I haven't identified yet. The plate says its a 14' Sportsman Model, but there really isn't a manufacturer on it. It references the BIA, but I haven't found jack online about it yet. Does your boat still have a plate on the transom? I'd love to see more pictures of it as well! The bow cap and the braces on the corners of the transom look identical to mine.

Keep up the good work :)

I will have to look when I get home. the Title says it is a 1963 Sears gamefisher or Kingfisher. I will have to look again.

Latest posts