camo paint?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caddyjosh

Reaction score
thinking about going camo on the inside of the boat whats the process is there stencels or do you just get brown black and green and go wild? if anyone has done it and has pics please post them

I used a stencil kit from styx-river.com to camo my Yamaha outboard. The outboard was hard to do, I think a jon boat would be a lot easier.

Attachments

• Camo Yamaha 1.jpg
    Camo Yamaha 1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,985
  • Camo Yamaha 2.jpg
    Camo Yamaha 2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,985
  • Camo Yamaha 3.jpg
    Camo Yamaha 3.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,985
I camo painted my compond bow when I was a teen. I used leaves I picked up in the area I hunted and from around the house. If I wanted a green leaf, paint a spot with green, hold the l;eaf over the green then sprayed a differant color over the leaf. I think I used drab green, brown, tan and black. If doing a boat, you might want something that would last longer than a leaf.

Thank you that looks great I will look into that when I get done I will post some pics.Now back to the store for more spray paint :)

That's a handy link, thanks!

A stencil can be made from anything, and being camo, it doesn't have to be perfect. Go get a cardboard box, trace, cut, spray through, then toss when you're done.

Make your own, it a heck of a lot cheaper and here is what you can get. I used thick plastic from an old square trash can will have to post pics of them when I get home in two days if I remember.

Attachments

• 100_1068.JPG
    100_1068.JPG
    346.1 KB · Views: 1,258