Handle for Transom Bolt Clamps

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crestliner

Reaction score
I broke off one of the plastic handles that is attached to the clamps that secures the outboard to the transom. Are there any other ways of making a handle. Perhaps a thin bolt with treads on each end. Or installing a bolt head? any ideas?

Thanks.

How was the handle attached originally? Some are like a - T - and others look like a - L - . A picture would help but I am sure you can fabricate something.

fool4fish1226 said:
How was the handle attached originally? Some are like a - T - and others look like a - L - . A picture would help but I am sure you can fabricate something.

Pretty basic. Plastic Handle with a small bolt running through it. See Picture, zoom in.

DSC_0883.jpg

I believe the end of that clamp is squared already. I would just find the proper size wrench or keep an adjustable wrench handy to tighten them.

fool4fish1226 said:
I believe the end of that clamp is squared already. I would just find the proper size wrench or keep an adjustable wrench handy to tighten them.

I keep the outboard on all year round. So I really don't even need a handle for the clamp. Correct?

I would not worry about the handle it's self but it is a good idea to check them now and again, that were a wrench would come in handy

fool4fish1226 said:
I would not worry about the handle it's self but it is a good idea to check them now and again, that were a wrench would come in handy

Very good Thanks!