Pelican intruder 12

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Williamgon

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first time on site and have a question. I've been considering getting a jon Boat for the local canals and will also like to go to the mangroves). I've been looking at tracker topper at bass pro ( 12 & 15 ft models) also does anyone have any expierence with the Pelican Intruder 12 ft jon. they sell a whole package on directboats.com. Any inputs?

If you are going to buy a jon boat I would stick with one made of aluminum and get the biggest/wides that you can. 1448's are good all around boats.

And :WELCOME: Enjoy the site it is a great resource

Thanks for the rePly, I see your in s.fl, So am I. You mean the tracker welded grizzly. Nice but it ain't cheap. Lol. I think they have that one in bass pro in dolphin mall. This is the other pkg from directboats I was talking about. https://directboats.com/20in12jobbou.html

Just my $0.02, but I would not waste my money buying one of those little plastic deals new...check out Craigslist in your area and get an aluminum Jon. You can save a bundle and get a really nice boat instead of a bathtub toy. ;)

1542 is a good jon and will serve you well in this area you must be in the 305 area (dolphin mall) . It should do you fine for the bay, canals, and mangroves. If you want new there is nothing wrong with that just get what you want and make it into your boat.

Anyone had bad expierence with the plastic/ram x boats? only neg i heard was they trap water in between the hulls just like i've the riveted jon leak, etc. Are Waco Mfg. and WeldCraft jons any good?

Latest posts