Using AC to run my DC powered bait tank

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverBottomOutdoors

Reaction score
Thought I would share this cool power supply I bought for my bait tank.

I have a Grayline bait tank. It's a pain in the arse to keep the thing running when the boat is parked in the drive way. It will run a long time on battery power, but I was tired of having to keep up with swapping batteries and charging batteries just to keep the tank running and my bait alive during the work week. So, I got on the internets and found this power supply. Works like a charm well worth the $23 bucks. The have others with different connectors that may fit different applications.

https://www.batteryspace.com/ac-dc-adaptor-110-ac-to-12v-dc-5a-with-car-plug-adapter.aspx

powersupply.jpg

I'd like to get a slow charge hook up for my boat. Haven't researched or shopped them yet. Just recharge my 3/4yo marine batteries once a month at the local parts store and like you mentioned, getting old.

I have my bait tank wired with a DC plug. I just plug my tank into the DC side of the power supply. Plug it up to the wall and let her go. She'll run as long as I keep the light bill paid. The tank has two pumps and will run probably close 15 hours on a fully charged battery.

Latest posts