custom fat man seat and misc. little projects w/pics

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkerdog

Reaction score
My fishing buddy and myself made a seat frame out of 3/4 inch plywood for my seat and earlier this week my sister and I upholstered it and I think it turned out pretty good.

Looked at some seats at bps and for the price I didn't like the way they flexed without even sitting in them. I have under a $100 in this one and it should be pretty comfortable. (I hope)

Also today I finally got my second battery installed along with the charger put in its place and run the drop cord for the charger under the rail.

The seat is kind of overkill maybe but it is 2 foot wide by 19 inches deep and the back was supposed to be 16 inches but we had a design problem because I never figured in for the thicker foam we used so the back is only about 11 inches high. Foam on the seat bottom is 6 inches.

Anyway here is some pics let me know what you think!

Sam

That is awesome! I also noticed that most off teh shelf seats have some flax which is only gonna get worse

Love the idea

Captain Ahab said:
That is awesome! I also noticed that most off teh shelf seats have some flax which is only gonna get worse

Love the idea

I was talking to my cousin at coffee this morning and he said the same thing about his egg crate material he called it. His solution was going to put a plate of steel under it but I think I have him talked into just adding some 1/2 inch ply under it and using some longer bolts.

Latest posts