what kind of speed can i expect?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seif5034

Reaction score
A local dealer has a Grumman Renegade for sale. It is about 15.6 - 16' long. i didn't really look at the beam. Of course it's an aluminum hull looks like a shallow V. Bass/crappie style single console for interior.

with the 50hp johnson and basic bass fishing equip (trolling motor, 2 batteries, 3 rods, some baits, and a cooler of coke). How fast do you think this boat could move me? I'm 165lbs.

from what i saw on youtube most 50hp fiberglass boats are moving around 35mph. i'm thinking if i can prop the boat a little better for top end, and it being an ALUM hull i may get a little better?

I'd say 35-40 mph is about right. You might be able to squeeze a bit more out with proper prop and trim combo and by shedding some weight, but at that speed you wouldn't notice the 2-3 mph you might pick up very much. To get significantly faster, you'd have to step up to something like a 70-90 hp, which is probably too big for the boat. Not to worry though, 35 mph is pretty dang quick when you're on the water in a vessel with no brakes that can and will eventually hit submerged objects at speed. Not to mention the fact, that big speed means big dollars when it comes to $4/gal fuel and upkeep.

i bet it will haul the mail!
my fully decked 17.5 g3 w/50 yamaha does 35 with a full tank,gear,2people and 3 batteries.

Latest posts