Anchor question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skysail

Reaction score
My 1436 came with an anchor line holder in the front. I just bought the line and a 10 lbs mushroom anchor. When I'm on the water and not using the anchor, is it meant to freely hang in the front of my boat, or do you normally put it back inside the boat? Also, do you completely remove the anchor when towing the boat? I just feel like it can dent up my boat really good from bumps and turns. Still new to boating, Iv only taken it out once. :oops:

Mine stays on while boating - it is too high and tight to bounce around and hit the boat. Take it off for trailering...IMO.

I would not run the boat with it just hanging there. It will be fine when towing if it is in the boat and secured

I guess if it designed to run like that then I don't see a problem. I had a vision of a 10 pound anchor swinging around smashing the bow of the boat while running in choppy water lol

Johny25 said:
I guess if it designed to run like that then I don't see a problem. I had a vision of a 10 pound anchor swinging around smashing the bow of the boat while running in choppy water lol

Exactly...oddly enough the previous owner, I believe, was flopping the anchor up and into the boat...there is now a reversed dent because of that. (dent is on the inside pushing out)

Mine sits on a 1/4" bolt with a wing nut when stowed. If I am using it on the water i generally let it hang free .
Hope this helps......River

Attachments

• S5008528.JPG
    S5008528.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 573
Mine sits in a 3gal bucket. Extra line at the bottom, anchor on top, then snubber/line to the bow. Keeps the line from getting wild on me, and keeps the anchor from bouncing around in bad weather/transport.

The bucket doubles as a bailing device in case of emergency. :mrgreen:

i clip my anchor to a heavy duty carabiner.really quick to unclip and stow. mine bangs around if i leave it hanging,so for short hops i lay it on the deck.

Attachments

• IMG_0004_0197.jpg
    IMG_0004_0197.jpg
    469.4 KB · Views: 509

Latest posts