Filling Transom Holes.....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jt7257

Reaction score
Ok. I am struggling. Can someone please tell me what I can use to fill holes in my transom. I had to rebuild the transom and wanted to fill all holes and start over. There were a great deal of holes in it for unknow reasons.

I have time....I just want to do it right. I read on the 3M website it needs to be tooled on. So apply with putty knife. Have you had good luck with this stuff.

It dries hard but maintains ability to flex with the boat...you wouldn't want to use filler or anything of that sort as it would not flex. With screw size holes you may not have issues either way but it isn't worth the risk. Also the 5200 is impervious to water for the below water line holes.

I don't think it really needs to be tooled in, but it may be easier to look finished that way I suppose. I just used my finger on mine...if you want to make it a little more pliable after you have applied it just dip your finger in a little acetone or something like that and run your finger over it and you can smooth it out real nice.

Latest posts