King Pin Style Seating System

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DLfisherman

Reaction score
I have a question for all who have implemented this into their boats. I have a Lund S-16 that I am currently working on. I would like to go with this style system just for how quick and easy it seems to be for moving seats around and popping in and out.

My question is that on Springfield and Swivel-EZE sites, they are giving these a safety rating for only 5 mph. My plan is to put a base on my back bench seat for myself while driving the boat, another up on the very front bench which would use a pedestal when trolling or fishing, but the person would go down to just the base and seat when moving from fishing spot to fishing spot. The last one would be in the middle, where the floor is and I would like to use a pedestal there.

Has anyone had any issues with this style system when running around in their boat? Thanks for any feedback!

That's pretty much the set up I have....2 kingpin bases mounted on the back bench, plus 2 pedestals (bow & stern), and move the seats where I need them.
Works fine for me, but I never run the boat at any real speed with anyone sitting on the pedestals, I drop them back in the bench bases for that.

is this the "king pin" style your talking about? I have them on my boat. the real key to keeping them is to have them anchored extreamly strong to the floor and a crossmember. these are screwed into 1/8" floor then 4 of the screws are into a crossmember, and after 5 years they are still holding tight with a 15" pole and I do let people sit in them while rinning across the water- no problems at all

Attachments

• girls at Lincoln lake.JPG
    girls at Lincoln lake.JPG
    775.6 KB · Views: 383
Roadkill-Yes, this is the system that I am going to be using as well. I figured it will work well for being able to move around if I need the option of moving seats around easily.

Thanks to all for the feedback.