Seat fit issues (bass boat )

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Driftingrz

Reaction score
I may be out of luvk but this is grtting annoying i bought a project last week an 84 starline bass boat the guy who had it mounted some cheap pedestal style seats in the cabin but the shape of the seat prevents me from mounting it all the way back like it should so now i have no legroom or even space to use throttle.. you can see in the pictur how the space for the seat is shaped oddly. So a square seat wont mount fkush and i loose alot of space. Maybe im overlooking something or my google search abilities are on a decline

Oh and ignore his hideous hinges on all compartments im gonna do them right when i paint the boat

https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/DriftingRz/2012-03-23_09-42-05_63.jpg

https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/DriftingRz/2012-03-17_13-00-12_873.jpg

that is quite the PITA you have there, probably won't find new seats since the company went out of business in 95, may have to custom cut some yourself or find an old set to get refinished.

I know you don't realize it yet, but you have much bigger problems than seats and hinges.

I guarantee if you pull the cap off that boat and cut the decking out you'll find a world of rot, saturated foam and mold in there... including your transom and stringers.

... but don't take my word for it, open it up and see for yourself.

jigngrub said:
I know you don't realize it yet, but you have much bigger problems than seats and hinges.

I guarantee if you pull the cap off that boat and cut the decking out you'll find a world of rot, saturated foam and mold in there... including your transom and stringers.

... but don't take my word for it, open it up and see for yourself.
I realise that but the trailer is worth more than i paid for it. Aswell as the motor. This is jist to hold me over a little while i needed a project. Eithet way i could catr less i want a big tin boat.

Latest posts