Slider g

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DyerBassman

Reaction score
Have any of you fellow tin boaters purchased the slider g seat mount? I am interested but want to hear some pros/cons. Thanks!

I just got one but haven't put it on yet. I'll let you know my thoughts after I do.

I've put two of the long size in my 14' Gregor. The ability to have the seat in any position wile on the tiller is really nice. Before putting them in, I was stuck always sitting on the far right. Fishing from that position too. The girl freind was locked into the far left forward. I could have ditched the seats and with just the benches gotten to sit anywhere that the sliders give. It would have been much cheeper too. But, I cant sit on a bench all day and be comfortable. A nice seat that will slide to any spot is the best deal for me. There havnt been any cons so far. If i had to dig for one it would have to do with towing the boat. The first times towing around corners i see the seats swing side to side and think that someting is flying out of the boat. If it was really a bother a couple of pins could be installed to lock them down for transport. -Tom.

newseattest021.jpg

newseattest001.jpg

Wished I would have seen the ad for the slider before I did this. I had to pick where the seats were to go and couldn't move them side to side. The slider is a better solution.

2mwth1c.jpg

I have never seen a slider like that, looks great. Any idea where I can order one, I goggled "slider g seat mount" but found nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Never mind I scrolled to the top of the page and there it was, god I feel stupid. Old age I guess.

TommyBobber, saw them on previous photos that you posted and really liked the option (and the boat looks great!) I think that I may go with them, but for the price, just wanted to hear opinions. Thanks!

Ah...folks, I know I am a new guy here, but the Slider G is a SPONSOR of this site and there is a LINK on the home page...bottom right hand side of the screen! :lol:

Butthead said:
I like it on my tub.
0421121330.jpg

Butthead

Does the slider have a warranty, and if they do, does mounting it with the extension void it? Not knowing any background and seeing the one pic, I'd be nervous about the slider tipping me over with the added leverage.

Latest posts