Bow deck material?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loweman

Reaction score
Lowe 170 bow.jpg

A picture tells a thousand words, even if it's not a great shot. The decking material at the small bow location is now tearing away. It's rippling/bubbling in other spots from moisture creeping in under the cheap feeling (a hair better than tar paper like ) material glued to the aluminum bow deck (that the TM, added cleat and FF base are also attached to.)
Any suggestions on the best material and adhesive options to use to replace this stuff? I'm thinking to cut the material to fit around the TM base and cleat for ease of not messing with the TM's base in particular... Thanks for any experiences or advice.

Nautolex makes a good,non-skid vinyl.I just ordered some for my rig on Friday.If you choose to go that route,you should check out Defender.com.Their price was WAY better than anyone else I could find.

Bad news, anything you put on top of that stuff isn't going to stay. that junk will keep peeling and whatever you put on top of it is going to peel up too.

I suggest doing the job right by taking everything off of that deck and pulling that stuff/plywood out and replace it with a better quality plywood that is sealed and covered with a desirable finish.

jigngrub said:
Bad news, anything you put on top of that stuff isn't going to stay. that junk will keep peeling and whatever you put on top of it is going to peel up too.

I suggest doing the job right by taking everything off of that deck and pulling that stuff/plywood out and replace it with a better quality plywood that is sealed and covered with a desirable finish.

This for sure - get all that old stuff off before you put something else down.

I seem to remember seeing some of that Nautolex vynal for sale in the classified section too - that'd be a great way to get a small chunk and repair it!

Thanks all. My Lowe bass boat has all aluminum decking, so no worries there. But I will remove the old quasi non-slip stuff completely as suggested and look at the these various non-slip replacements. It's a very small area that I rarely step on, but I want it to look right, stay on and be safe. Thanks again. =P~

Latest posts