How do I attach rope to achormate reel?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmed999

Reaction score
I bought an anchormate and it is now attached to my boat. :D I looked on youtube and found a good knot for attaching the 1/2" poly rope to the anchor. Now I'm trying to attach the other end to the achormate reel but I'm not sure how. :?: If I use a knot it seems to be way to bulky.

What to you guys do when attaching thick rope to the achormate reel? :oops:

Thanks guys!

How thick is your rope. I have used 1/4 and also 5/16" without issue, just running the rope though the hole and tying a single knot.

I checked worth's site, and they only specify the capacity in 3/16" line. I guess they didn't intend it for line as large as yours. I haven't tried anything over 5/16" myself. My old one actually came with line on it (20 years ago), and it was 3/16 then. You may need to drop back in rope diameter. The regular Anchormate is listed as 100 ft of 3/16 and the Anchormate II is rated for 150 ft. I found that even with 5/16, the capacity is around 85 ft., so going to 1/2" would really cut your spool capacity a lot.

I only need 40 to 50 feet as my pond isn't very deep. Some guys here recommended thicker line so it wouldn't hurt your hands.

Latest posts