boat leak question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegr8cody

Reaction score
Well its kind of hard to explain but ill try. I just bought a 1995 Fisher 1648 welded Jon and it has stringers that run length wise down the boat. Well under the floor between the stringers there is a bilge pump.well beside tge drain plug in the back is a hole and im assuming the bilgepump is to pump waters into the livewell.there is a hole in the back and attached to that is a hose that leads to the bilge pump. Well after I took it oit today I noticed it took on some water.well when I got home I unbolted the floor and filled the boat with water to check for leaks.I noticed a few drips at the seam at the bottom but I could see it draining out of the bilge pump hole in the back.I have a bilge pump that shoots out the side and I do not use this one. So I took a bait well plug and siliconed that hole shut hoping that will stop it. Anybody had and similar problems like this

That isn't a bilge pump, that's your livewell pump. It brings water into the boat from the outside and fills your livewell.

I think you just need to reinstall it and use a marine grade silicone to fill around the tube before you put the nut on the threaded pipe on the outside of the transom to stop any leaks. Do this and then fill the bilge again and to see if it leaks again and to check for any other leaks.

Ok I wasnt sure. I already put a,plug in and used some waterproof silicone to seal it. ill fill it up again tomorrow and check everything. Hopefully that will stop the leak

Latest posts