"Gee..noe"

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishmaster11

Reaction score
ok so i know its not a tin but have looked at them for a couple of days now and they seem awesome any comments or anyone ever used one

Attachments

• IM000202.JPG
    IM000202.JPG
    732 KB · Views: 928
I Absolutely Love Mine; Bought It From Dad Before He Passed, So That Made It Extra Special Since We Spent Some Time Together On It. 6 HP Johnson On The Stern, Foot-Controlled Trolling Motor Up Front Gets Me Most Anywhere Quietly. Steady On The Water Even When Standing ( Rarely Need To Though ). Get A TinBoats Decal From Jim For It, And Enjoy !

Hi mishmaster11. I agree, Gheenoes (pronounced "Gheen" (rhymes with clean) + "new") are great multiuse boats. American made right down the road from me in Titusville, FL for over 20 years. There's almost nothing they can't do and the number of mods and accessories you can add are virtually unlimited. They are a little pricey upfront, but they're pretty much indestructible, unsinkable and hold their value pretty quite well. The one in your pic looks sweet. Here are some cool vids of folks running around in their Gheenoes. You can see all the different configs you can get. Some folks like small center console set ups, others prefer tillers, while still others prefer stick steering. It's just a matter of preference and budget. Check 'em out. Keep us posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8vOjs6nhu4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRntXcksWyw

definately a neat boat.I see them on Craigs all the time in Fla.

OK I owned a Gheenoe --Classic-- for a short while. Fine boat.....but....the Classic's size was too narrow for my fat butt.

I NEVER worried about the boat tipping over. I did worry about me falling out.

They have a great hull design, but narrow is narrow. They show 4' 7 inches as the width. It never felt that wide to me.

Due to the very special hull design, the "flares" or "outriggers" that are integral to the hull makes them difficult to turn over.

However, I found that I couldn't comfortably stand up in mine. If I would have added a grab bar, I could have stood up, but I still felt that I had to hold on to something most of the time. I spent a lot of time sitting, but much prefer standing and casting. No doubt both my age (72) and size (250) had a lot to do with my discomfort.

I bought my present 160W Lowe tinny the day before I sold my Gheenoe.

They have talked about bringing out a 18 footer, with 66 inch beam..If they did that at a reasonable price, I would be tempted to buy another one.

Many, many models and sizes. If you get serious, be certain to try out the one you think you want to buy. regards, Rich

Latest posts