pressure treated question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snips

Reaction score
Heres the deal.I recently purchased a 16 starcraft with pt plywood floors.Heres the question-If the wood is painted,and I am covering it with Nautolex,which will be wrapped approx. 3" on the bottom,so there will be NO contact between the pt and the aluminum,is this still a bad thing?It rests on the inside of the spray rails,and thats the only contact with the hull.What do you guys think?

That's a nice boat. Post some Pic's if you hav'em.
If it were me - I'd rip it out. That stuff, when wet will leech - and it will get wet. If whomever put it in, did a good job, then pick up some exterior grade ply, spar urathane it and use the PT as a stencil for your new floor.

The boat I purchased in the fall of 2011 is 17 years old - Factory floor and carpet. I ripped everything out. Better safe than sorry.

bobby

thats what I figured.whoever did it did a good job-they just drop in and rest on the inside of the spray rails.there are two 2X6's under each section that don't touch the hull,and thats it.Solid as can be.

Latest posts