pressure treated question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snips

Reaction score
Heres the deal.I recently purchased a 16 starcraft with pt plywood floors.Heres the question-If the wood is painted,and I am covering it with Nautolex,which will be wrapped approx. 3" on the bottom,so there will be NO contact between the pt and the aluminum,is this still a bad thing?It rests on the inside of the spray rails,and thats the only contact with the hull.What do you guys think?

That's a nice boat. Post some Pic's if you hav'em.
If it were me - I'd rip it out. That stuff, when wet will leech - and it will get wet. If whomever put it in, did a good job, then pick up some exterior grade ply, spar urathane it and use the PT as a stencil for your new floor.

The boat I purchased in the fall of 2011 is 17 years old - Factory floor and carpet. I ripped everything out. Better safe than sorry.

bobby

thats what I figured.whoever did it did a good job-they just drop in and rest on the inside of the spray rails.there are two 2X6's under each section that don't touch the hull,and thats it.Solid as can be.