Aluminum fabrication?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musikman43155

Reaction score
I have a 1996 Starcraft bass boat, which is pretty much a bass tracker, except it's a hell of a lot touger & doesn't leak ;). The original owner had a 1/8" aluminum piece mounted on the bow of the boat that the trolling motor & navigational light & tilt/ livewell switch was attached to.

I bought a new trolling motor & I'd like to fabricate a new piece out of aluminum.

Does anyone know of any place in Central OH, preferably closer to Lancaster, OH that is capable of pending 1/8" aluminum? I'm going to back the piece with 1/2" marine plywood.

I really need someone who is available on the weekend! Please help!!

Starcraft_bow001.jpg

Starcraft_bow003.jpg

Starcraft_bow003-1.jpg

here's an idea. can't tell for sure, but looks like the boat has the VERSA TRAC on it. if it does, maby you could install the aluminum in the trac and double up just the edges (underneath,[ to make it 1/4" thick]) with strips about 1 1/2" wide, to fit exactlly into it. then install the plywood over it. I just did something similar with mine, but I have the TRAC.

I'm not sure what was there from the factory, as I'm the third owner. The second owner, told me the first owner was unable to mount a trolling motor with the factory set up? Which I find had to believe.

Contact the metal yards in your area. They usually have a large shear and bending capability. Call and see. Take a drawing and/or template to them.

FuzzyGrub said:
Contact the metal yards in your area. They usually have a large shear and bending capability. Call and see. Take a drawing and/or template to them.

Brian @ Five Points Fab. ( Ray-Mar Steel ) is going to take care of me in Lancaster, OH.

Thanks for the help fellas.

Gonna be about $150.

Latest posts