Any East Coast Florida guys/gals on here?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
In addition to my tinny..I just bought a small kayak. I am heading to Stuart/Lantana FL in the middle of April. Any easy-to-get-to, short-distance paddling kayak spots to try near there?

Target species would be anything that bites! I'll only be there a few days and probably won't get back that way ever again...so I won't clean out your honey hole. I'm all catch and release anyhow.

Kayak fits inside of my van, so I hope I can just grab it and drop it directly into the water someplace. thanks vm. Rich

You can drop it inthe water at Sand Spirit park and a short paddle north will have you about a half mile from the inlet and some great fishing. Plenty sea wals flats and docks to fish. That area you live and die by tides not sunrises and sunsets. Plenty of kayak fishing on the east coast. I am sure you will have a blast. Check out the fishing reports on microskiff and florida sportsmen.

Rich the jensen beach area (Google Earth It) is a great place to fish. Stop by the below listed tackle shop and pick up some bait and you will be good to go.

The area holds nice trout, snook, and some reds (Try fishing around the power plant)

Good Luck lets us know how you do.

Snook-Nook Discount Bait & Tackle
8 reviewsRating Details
Categories: Active Life, Shopping [Edit]
3595 NE Indian River Dr
Jensen Beach, FL 34957
(772) 334-2145
https://www.snooknook.net/

I'm in the Panhandle area. Holler if you're ever in this neck of the woods. Lots of good fresh/salt water boating around here too. Perfect for your little green "yak".

Thanks guys/gals. Fool4fish1226.. is the Jensen Beach a place I can park and drop her right in? I am worried about getting to any of these friendly suggestions, and then finding out that I have to drive to some other place to "launch" the Yak. It is easy enough to drag it 20 or 30 yards.

Thanks again for all of the help.

I am anxiously awaiting a response from the one fellow ( on another site) that volunteered to take me a few miles offshore to try for a sail. If he doesn't come through, a major part of this quest will be for naught. All I want is one little sailfish and one snook...of any size... to complete my bucket list.

I don't want to drive 24 hours one way...and not even have a chance to get the sail.

Please keep all of your ideas coming. Thanks, rich

Rich there are plenty of places to put your yak in and lots of parking you should have no problems. I lived/fished in that area for about seven years (some of the best fishing you will find), use some medium to large shrimp and you should hook up.

If you are trying to get snook off your bucket list drift your yak around the bridges and hang on. If you do get a chance to go off shore theres nothing like a sail on light spinning tackle.

PS when are you coming I will be in the area (Parents House) the weekend of the 21st for our annual pig roast

Thanks, that gives me a lot of encouragement. I never thought about bringing my bait bucket, but will do so now. I usually fish artificials, but have no problem using bait to get the deed done.

I will be arriving April 16, Monday evening, or Tuesday morning... if the driving gets to be too much. Will stay until the end of the week, or even over the weekend to get my fish. (snook and sail)

Someone mentioned that I can hire a "guide" for the sail. The only suggestion that I received from the other site was a very big boat that I could hire for $1,400.00 for the day! THAT doesn't fit in this old guy's budget.

Around here in South Texas a guide and a 20 foot or so boat would go for 400-500 a day. That is usually split between a couple of fishermen. Those kind of numbers I can do, even if I was the only one on the boat.

Do you, or anyone, know if that sort of arrangement is possible in Mid-Coast Florida? I understand that sails can be caught with-in a few miles of the beach.

If the promised offer to take me a few miles offshore for a sail comes through from another fisherman... ( I offered to pay for ALL expenses..i.e gas; bait; lunch etc.) then I can fill the bucket list out. Another guy has promised to find me a snook by fishing under the lights at night. With the yak, I think I can do the snook thing, one way or another...but..the sail is the unknown at this time.

Any help suggestions, etc. appreciated. Rich

Rich, I did a quick search and found this Charter 500 for half a day that is about the going rate for off shore. I do not know this charter or have ever fished with them it was simply a google search find. As far as your inshore fishing goes, night time around the bridge lights will most likely get the dead done (both causeways are great places to try).

There are plenty of guides to hire and yes you should be able to find something in your price range. I wish I could recommend someone but I am not sure of anyone. The one thing I will say and I am sure you know this but be picky a lot of charters are not worth the money spent to many want to be captains down here.

https://www.happytimescharters.com/BookaCharter.htm

No, I didn't do it. I guess common sense finally prevailed.

I finally convinced myself that the only real arranged fishing trip was with one guy who could take me out one evening during the week for a snook. The sail trip, was, at best, going to be half day trip with a boat/guide that I didn't know, nor did anyone else know directly...I said to myself...

"Maybe I don't want to spend my free time driving for four days, and trying to get lucky and catch my two lifetime fish in the two days I had left to fish"...

I've been fishing for a very long time, and even my normal positive thinking attitude said..."this isn't smart"...Ha Ha

So, I blew it off for now. In a year or so, some things are going to change in our summer arrangements. At that time, we can take a couple of weeks, or more, and drive down; fish; catch; and return at our leisure. Thanks for all of your help and suggestions. regards, Rich