I've got a disease - 1448 MV All Weld - Too good to be true?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixgun86

Reaction score
Occasionally when I am out and about if there is a tin boat in the yard a knock and talk shortly follows. This method to some might seem a bit intrusive but has had good results in the past. Everyone so far has been welcoming. Usually 1/5 are willing to sell at a reasonable price. Last thing you want to do is beat up a price on someone else's property on something not listed for sale. In the past I've scored some great deals that gave me a lot of enjoyment and put some money in the boat slush fund for another day. My intentions aren't to flip them immediately so I don't dig in wallet first. I've got a disease that makes me get into a new boat a couple times a year. From what I hear it's not life threating. Been lucky by breaking even and making a couple bucks.

I still haven't found the "one". Came close one time. From the experiences in past boats I'd guess my ideal tin would be a 1448MV alweld w/ Side console. Or a 52/60 w/ CC. Don't know yet b/c hadn't owned one. Not looking for a big motor, but something that is reasonably quick and won't require too much gas to run it wot. Don't have the funds for this so I must be patient. Not one to buy new. Exceptions: Underwear and Food.

Lately I have been just short of harassing a local in my town over a boat he has rotting in his yard, not literally, it is a tin... The boat is a 1448 Side console modified V all weld. :shock: Beefy is an understatement. If it were to go up against my truck, It would win. Trailer axle breaks on the hwy, buff it out. It was mfg'r out in Tx though I cannot recall the company. It is a really sweet rig. When I first found the boat he was hesitant to sell though he would take $600 for the hull and trailer which it too was in good shape. A day later he backed out. I offered some more cash up front but it just wasn't enough motivation. Now a month later I start to feel my twitch and hot flashes return I give a follow up call. The owner is back to considering letting it go, his words, " We are getting closer". So we've setup a time today for a beer summit to discuss the future of this tin.

If he does sell I might have found a keeper. Worst case scenario a free beer. Will post up the results of said summit shortly.

Attachments

• Cheers.jpg
    Cheers.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 795
Yea, I know the disease you speak of. I look at C/L daily and come across great deals every once in a while on new rig, but there's really nothing wrong with the one I have. I usually talk myself out of it before it gets too far. Enjoy the disease until there's a cure. :LOL2:

I have the same thing minus the knocking on doors ...(I must not be as far along as you :LOL2: )

I found one on CL the other day for 600. Boat (14 foot All welded) Trailer, 4 stroke 9.9, trolling motor, seats....I talked with the lady and knew I should have said I would take it #-o ....the first guy there got it ...and that wasn't me... :(

Good luck!

The beer summit went well. A cold 16oz Alumtex Bud light and a 16oz Heineken brought a number to the table. A number much higher than originally spoke but none the less a number. Since I had a bank check he wanted cash. Told him I would go to get cash Monday. Come monday he no longer wanted to sell the boat. :LOL2:

I'll be back few months down the road. This time with cash. I'm pretty happy with my current rig right now so I don't think I'll be playing numbers again. This one is true good to be true.