What seats are you using?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acwd

Reaction score
I have been looking at seats for my new boat. I got Wise seats in the other boat. I really like them but they are aged really bad. I have been looking at the new seats. I am not impressed with them. They seem hard and really flimsy. Would like to have a good seat for around 50 to 60 dollars. Any suggestions?

Steve

Cheap -AND- comfortable seats? I doubt such a creature exists. Let's put it this way - the cheap and comfortable seats on my current boat will not be making the transfer to my new boat. I'm actually thinking of going with the big man size seats to see if they are any more comfortable.

Kibby said:
Cheap -AND- comfortable seats? I doubt such a creature exists. Let's put it this way - the cheap and comfortable seats on my current boat will not be making the transfer to my new boat. I'm actually thinking of going with the big man size seats to see if they are any more comfortable.
no, not "Cheap -AND- comfortable", "cheapest good/comfortable". By cheapest, I just mean least expensive, not necessarily cheap (inexpensive) or cheap (low quality). To rephrase:

What are people's opinions as to what are the least expensive seats that are comfortable to sit in all day and will last a few years without breaking?

I have a couple of camo BPS seats that I think are made by Wise for the fishing seats. One of them is a high back model and has a lot more padding than the other. The navigation seats are factory Tempress.

That being said.. I just lucked into two "as new" mothballed charcoal gray Tempress seats out of an Astro to replace my camo fishing seats... for free. Score!!!! =D>

The Tempress seats beat even the high back Wise seat by a mile in the comfort department.

I bought some Cabelas, Elite Series Boat Seats while they were on sale for $49.50 each. So far the are holding up well, they have dense foam, a five year warranty on the frame and high backs. Normally they were about $80 each I think, shop around for bargains to get the most from your budget!.

Attachments

• s7_020126_100_01.jpg
    s7_020126_100_01.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 405
Quackrstackr said:
The Tempress seats beat even the high back Wise seat by a mile in the comfort department.

Agreed. I went to tempress on my last build. Better than multiple other seats I've had. Bought three more for the current project. Lightly used and/or new boat takeouts, saves some money.

my g3 came with tempress. 10 years of use and still very comfortable.
seeing how well they age makes the price tag much easier to swallow. will probably be what i use from now on.

I got a budget of 50 to 60 bucks per seat. Oh yeah 150 bucks a piece seats would be great but I cannot afford them. I am looking for a good seat for 50 to 60 bucks. I did find the seats I have in the other boat online for less than 40 bucks. I have had these in the other boat for 15 years and they are Wise. So I guess I will go with them. Thanks for the replies.

Steve

Lot's on Tempress on ebay... pairs ranging in the $160 area... example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TRITON-FOLDING-FISHING-BASS-BOAT-SEAT-CUSHIONS-TEMPRESS-GREY-SHELL-/260960637315?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item3cc2775183&vxp=mtr

Latest posts