rebar epoxy coating

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegr8cody

Reaction score
Saw this online and thought it might be worth a shot.it says it works ideally on aluminum. https://m.lowes.com/mt/www.lowes.com:80/pd_396255-14317-0000160547_0__?productId=3658394&Ntt=epoxy&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl__0__s%3FNtt%3Depoxy%26page%3D4&facetInfo=&un_jtt_v_tabs=description#description
I have a small crack in my boat that has a patch welded on the bottom but the crack is under the deck and cant really be welded because of where it is. So I might try some of this and see what happens.

The stuff you really want is 3M Scotchcoat. It's very similar to this stuff, but a heat activated application. The stuff is intended to coat salt water mains. Cabela's sells (repurposed) it as "boat patch". They basically give you two sticks in a baggie with a xeroxed instruction sheet. Ya put it on with a torch. Good stuff.

The only scotchcoat I can find online is like liquid electrical tape but epoxy. And I thought about using the marine two part epoxy but I have a large area I want to cover. Im gonna look more into both of these though

thegr8cody said:
The only scotchcoat I can find online is like liquid electrical tape but epoxy. And I thought about using the marine two part epoxy but I have a large area I want to cover. Im gonna look more into both of these though

Try scotchcoat, 206n, and 226p....there are various numbers for the same application, with slight differences between the products. I'd recommend the heat application, cause the finished product is very thick, and very pliable. Two parts, can get hard and won't hold up to the flex.

I've seen 1# sacks of sticks going for $90 which is enough to "rubberize" the boat inside and out a few times. About 5 sticks of the stuff would have been enough to put a few mills down on every rivet on the bottom of my 12' V .

I just have two probably 6" cracks in my floor. They welded two 10"x3ft patches to the bottom of the boat but I just wanted to coat in between the stringers on the floor to just seal up anything I can so I domt have to flip my boat
I did find the scotchkote stick I might try these they seem like they eould hold up and be pretty cool to play eith

Not exactly I have a large aluminum front deck amd its a few inches underneath it. They patched it from the bottom and it fixed it I just dont like the fact I kno that they are there.
20120407_161653.jpg
and here is onr of the patches
20120412_144520.jpg

Latest posts