WooHoo New boat to play with!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkansasnative

Reaction score
First off HAPPY EASTER everybody! The other day my fiance and I were talking and she mentioned that her grandpa told her that he had an old boat in his shop and if I wanted it I could take it. He didn't tell her anything about it so I was a little reluctant and didn't get my hopes up because I figured it would be some old banged up glass boat or an old jon beyond repair. We went to look at it yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised! Turns out it's a late 70's Fisher Marine Water Rover III in excellent condition for it's age! The last time it was on the water was 1982 according to the tags and it has been sitting for 30 years in that shop under an old canvas boat cover. It came with a bunch of old stuff sitting in it including 4 heavy duty sets of rain gear, 5 rod holders, oars, well you can see the rest in the pics... but it also came with an old foot operated TM (didn't know foot op's were made that long ago!), and a 9.8hp Merc 110 with side console! Thankfully this boat is in WAY better condition that my other boat so the mods will be restoration more than modification... keeping it simple!

Plans right now are:
- Replace carpet
- Get motor running and/or buy something bigger (can handle up to 25hp)
- CLEAN EVERYTHING!
- Replace TM
- Swap out wheels and fish finder from old boat
- Replace control panel and TM plug panel
- Redo wiring and chains on the trailer
- Anything else I can think of later

... ON TO THE PICS!
Bringing it home with the cover on upside down
001-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

008-2.jpg

010-3.jpg

yea... this isn't gonna cut it anymore!
011-3.jpg

012-2.jpg

014-2.jpg

i was planning on using my charcoal/grey tempress seats for my next boat but i'm kinda diggin these baby's plus they're in incredible condition!
016-1.jpg

Factory TM Mount!
017-3.jpg

I really like this feature... its basically a giant yo-yo under the deck that has a rope coming up thru the cleat! No more loose ropes laying around! The front has a branch gripper on it and the rear has the anchor...
018-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

Ample carpeted storage space...
020-1.jpg

30 year old plywood still looking good as it ever did!
022-2.jpg

Gonna need to extend the trailer or find a new one for sure!
023-3.jpg

Not bad looking for an old Merc! Still dirty and dusty but i bet a little cleaning will make it really shine!
025-1.jpg

And the old metal Mercury tank that came with it... complete with 30 year old gas in it! I bet it's leaded too!
029-1.jpg

Very nice! Agree the blue and white starts growing on you. Can't believe how great condition those seats and the boat in general is. Very nice find.

Im looking forward to when I can make a similar post myself :) good luck!

Nice! Hello from Heber Springs Arkansas. I love the color scheme of that old boat! It's looks super clean in the pictures..looks like it would run!

WOW!!!! that is beautyful. I wouldnt change a thing.......

Well we're calling it even as long as she gets to go fishing too! Plus I got her a big basket of discount easter candy today and we got this little furball last week!
2012-04-05_13-16-41_500.jpg

Thanks for the complements on the boat!

wcbond4 said:
Nice! Hello from Heber Springs Arkansas. I love the color scheme of that old boat! It's looks super clean in the pictures..looks like it would run!

-I'm assuming you fish Greers quite a bit? How have y'all been doing down there?

I went out today and checked to see how big of a job getting the carpet up would be... at first i thought it ran up under some aluminum pieces on the sides of the decks but luckily it just runs flush with it and tearing it up will be pretty easy! Everything that needs to be removed to get it up is bolted or screwed down from the factory! I'm hoping I keep catching breaks like this!

Another question on flooring: Those of you that have experience with Hydro Turf... is it worth the extra money to get the grooved kind or will smooth/flat be fine since it wont be that wet very often? I'm trying to figure out the color to... I can't decide if I should stick with the style now and go Royal blue, or if the blue camo or marble would be better... or any other style for that matter? I'm all ears for experience and opinions!

Link to Turf colors: https://hydroturf.com/pwc_matcolors.php

Yeah...Seeing as how I'm less than 5 minutes from a launch :D I fish it a lot. Also do a lot of trout fishing on the little red. It's good...were only like 17 feet above normal pool level...it was WAY worse last year.

Fish over cup when I can...best crappie fishin around.

What about you. I'm not familiar with the lakes over your way.

As to your flooring issue..I like em both. Dunno about the flat v. channel thing.

lovedr79 said:
That's awesome! I love the 110 outlet and the pool thermometer.
that is a trolling motor plug I bet.

awesome find! free is the best price and that thing is immaculate. I live over around mtn home so if you want to come up and do some river fishing I might know a place or two.

Latest posts