1st boat ever!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JC2133

Reaction score
Super excited to have purchased my 1st boat. It's a 1984 Smoker Craft 14 footer. It's a little rough but not a bad Craigslist find for $160.00. The guy who sold it to me also had a Merc 9.9 for sale but had a pending sale on it. He said that if the sale didn't fall through I'm next in line. Keeping my fingers crossed that I get it. :lol: The boat is basically fine as it sits but I want to take all the right precautions and seal her up and put on a fresh coat of paint.

Anyways, here she is in all her glory:
401994387.jpg

401994389.jpg

She's home!
402004523.jpg

402004530.jpg

402004527.jpg

402004535.jpg

congrats on the new toy. I think you got a pretty good deal too. Oh and cute puppy in the avatar. Only a couple rules with aluminum boats. 1.) No pressure treated lumber. Use exterior grade plywood sealed in epoxy, f'glass & polyester resin or several coats of spar urethane. 2.) Use Stainless Steel hardware throughout (dip in 3M 5200 for through hull fittings). 3.) Use Zinc Chromate Self Etching primer before any paint jobs. That's really about it. The rest is just a matter of time, money and imagination.

Nothing better than getting a new toy. I sure you'll have as much fun with yours as I am having with mine. Hope you get the 9.9 for it. If not I'm sure you will come across another one at a t deal just keep looking. Might want to post a WTB here at Tinboats, someone close may have what your looking for.

Oh yea welcome to the site, this is a great place for information on Tins and the people here, they're great.

Sweet! Nice find. Looks very close to my Smokercraft I am thinking about modifying. Looking at the pictures I think yours is in better shape. Good luck on your project!

Congrats and Welcome.... I picked up my 14 foot SeaNymph for 200 and thought I got a deal....LOL I have seen a few people get them given to them....but lets face it a boat for a couple hundred or less is a smokin deal as long as it floats...

Looking forward to the project pics.

JasonLester said:
Congrats and Welcome.... I picked up my 14 foot SeaNymph for 200 and thought I got a deal....LOL I have seen a few people get them given to them....but lets face it a boat for a couple hundred or less is a smokin deal as long as it floats...

Looking forward to the project pics.

It was originally for sale for $200. He said he just wanted it gone ASAP and said that he had a few people flake on him. He said if I came right away that he'd sell it cheaper - well I was out the door quick to pick it up =D>

Well, looks like everyone flaked. =D> Big benefit to me because I'm now the owner of this Mercury 110 9.8HP

402081808.jpg

Nice little starter boat, you gonna get a trailer for it? Any places as far as modifications? My advice fish it first and get ideas as you go, or float it and do whatever you plan to do with your boat, because that's when the best ideas for how the layout should be done for your fishing or boating needs.

As always tight lines, cold beer, & Go Gators!

Wonderful purchase!

Even better if the motor is as good as it looks.

That's about the perfect all-around boat. You did well.

=D>

Congrats!!! I got my first boat last year although its been our familys for about 20 years. Just seamed better once i was the sole owner.

You should have many fun years ahead of you in that boat!

cant wait for my first one, thats awesome man! ive seen people want a 750 to 1000 for boats just like that no motor or trailer ;) you made out well, cant wait to see what you do with it ;)

Latest posts