Hydro turf and continuous exposure?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkerdog

Reaction score
Anybody with hydro turf leave their boat out in the weather all the time?

I was just wondering how it stood up to fading and if it degraded quickly? The boats in the weather 24/7 at the dock.

My fishing buddy is like a squirrel on speed on the front deck so I was looking at flooring to quiet it down some.

Thanks

I've had hydroturf on my decks for 2 years now and my boat has never been covered and sits outside 365 days a year in direct sunlight. I don't think it has degraded at all.. If i can find a scrap piece in my building I'll snap a picture to see if its faded any. I would strongly recommend it for flooring, its the best mod I've done to my boat.

*edited, i've actually had the hydroturf for 3 years now..

blunt said:
I've had hydroturf on my decks for 2 years now and my boat has never been covered and sits outside 365 days a year in direct sunlight. I don't think it has degraded at all.. If i can find a scrap piece in my building I'll snap a picture to see if its faded any. I would strongly recommend it for flooring, its the best mod I've done to my boat.

Pictures are always welcome. What site did you get it on?

Thanks

Hydro Turf is good stuff. I'd go with the self adhesive backed type. It's a little more expensive, but it adheres very well. I've used Hydro Turf on a Sea Doo jetboat I used to own, and I've also used it to replace old factory matting on my jet skis, which are used continuously in salt water.

I wonder if its gas and oil resistant? I couldnt find out that information on the website.

Steve

Latest posts