Enough Juice?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evergreen

Reaction score
Hey guys. Would a 15HP Honda 4 stroke have enough juice to get a Alumacraft V14 moving with a false floor, 3 people, gear, etc moving? Or i could go with a 25hp 1999 Suzuki 4 stroke for a little cheaper. It was purchased new in 2003. The guy says it has under 10 hours on it, and it looks mint.
Any opinions?
The boat is rated to 25 HP
Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry, this probably should have been in the Motor section...

Evergreen said:
Hey guys. Would a 15HP Honda 4 stroke have enough juice to get a Alumacraft V14 moving with a false floor, 3 people, gear, etc moving? Or i could go with a 25hp 1999 Suzuki 4 stroke for a little cheaper. It was purchased new in 2003. The guy says it has under 10 hours on it, and it looks mint.
Any opinions?
The boat is rated to 25 HP
Thanks.

I've never known anyone who was upset with having a little extra power...

Not sure on how reliable they are but with a 9 year old motor and only 10 hours on it? That would be my question to ponder!

Then it would be their loss and your gain. If I had the cash I would have bought a bigger motor and newer one too. With a 25 and a 14 foot boat you will be doing good. I have a 14 foot and a 7.5 and its Ok. Gets me to the fish though.

I have a welded 1648 Fisher with a big front and rear deck with livewells and my 86 25HP Johnson scoots me along at 26mph and thats a light load. Id go with the 25hp

i have a 2011 yamaha 15 2 stroke on a 14.5 ft. 2010 g3 v bottom,my boat is about 6 to 7 hundred lbs. loaded and i get 20 mph. max.i bought my motor for fuel economy not speed,so id go with a 25 if i wanted over 20 mph.